Matthew founded and operates the Thompson Law Firm, pllc, emphasizing Family Law in Mississippi, including; Divorce, Child Custody, Child Support, Alimony, Modification, Contempt, Youth Court, Adoption, and Appellate practice areas.
Thompson Law Firm is a statewide practice, handling cases in Chancery and Youth Courts throughout Mississippi. Matthew has over a decade of litigation experience and has handled hundreds of cases, trials, hearings, depositions, mediations and appeals.
Matthew attended Mississippi College School of Law, graduating in 2005. He was an officer with the Law Student Bar Association and earned the American Jurisprudence Award for Legislation. He earned his undergraduate degree from Mississippi State University and was an officer in the Sigma Chi Fraternity. Raised in Greenwood and Madison, Matthew currently resides in Madison with his wife and two children.
- Coach of the Thompson Law Firm Soccer and Softball teams.
- Adjunct Professor of Law at Mississippi College School of Law – Domestic Relations (Family Law)
- Board member, Mississippi Legal Services Corp.,
- Board member, Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project
- Mississippi Bar Assoc., Family Law Section- Vice-Chair
- Mississippi Bar Assoc., Professional Responsibility Committee
- Madison County Bar Assoc., Past-President
- Capital Area Bar Assoc., Co-Chair; Solo & Small Firm Comm.
- American Bar Assoc., Family Law Section
- Soccer Commissioner for Mississippi Rush Soccer
- Eagle Scout
- Author of Mississippi Divorce, Alimony and Child Custody with Forms, 2016-2017 EDITION, Mississippi Practice Series, Thomson Reuters, 2016.
Phone: (601) 850-8000 Blog: bowtielawyer.ms Fax: (601) 499-5219