Matthew founded Thompson Law Firm, pllc, emphasizing Family Law in Mississippi, including; Divorce, Child Custody, Child Support, Alimony, Modification, Contempt, Youth Court, Adoption, and Appellate practice areas.
Thompson Law Firm is a statewide practice, handling cases in Chancery and Youth Courts throughout Mississippi. Matthew has over thirteen years of litigation experience and has handled hundreds of cases, including trials, hearings, depositions, mediations and appeals.
Matthew is the Author of Mississippi Divorce, Alimony and Child Custody with Forms, 2018-2019 EDITION, Mississippi Practice Series, Thomson Reuters, 2018. He serves as an Adjunct Professor of Law at Mississippi College School of Law, teaching Domestic Relations to 2nd & 3rd year law students. Matthew is the past Chair of both the Professional Responsibility Committee and Family Law Section(s) with the Mississippi Bar Association, served on the board of trustees with the Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project (6 years), and currently serves on the boards for the Mississippi Center for Legal Services and Madison Ridgeland Academy.
Matthew graduated from Mississippi College School of Law, earning his J.D. in 2005. During law school he served as an officer with the Law Student Bar Association and earned the American Jurisprudence Award for Legislation. He earned his undergraduate degree from Mississippi State University, a B.A. in History, and is a member, and was an officer, in Sigma Chi Fraternity. Raised in Greenwood and Madison, Matthew currently resides in Madison with his wife and two children.
- Coach of the Thompson Law Firm U12 Girls Softball team.
- Adjunct Professor of Law at Mississippi College School of Law – Domestic Relations (Family Law)
- Board member, Mississippi Legal Services Corporation
- Past board member, Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project
- Board member, Madison Ridgeland Academy
- Mississippi Bar Assoc., Family Law Section- past Chair
- Mississippi Bar Assoc., Professional Responsibility Committee – past Chair
- Madison County Bar Assoc., past President
- Capital Area Bar Assoc., Co-Chair; Solo & Small Firm Committee
- American Bar Assoc., Family Law Section
- Rankin County Bar Assoc.
- Eagle Scout
- Author of Mississippi Divorce, Alimony and Child Custody with Forms, 2018-2019 EDITION, Mississippi Practice Series, Thomson Reuters, 2018.
Phone: (601) 850-8000 Blog: bowtielawyer.ms Fax: (601) 499-5219