I am frequently asked about things a divorced parent can do during their weekend with the children.
It’s easy to run out of things “to do.” And the constant eating out, movies and going to the store can get expensive. Quickly! Here are a few things that you can do;
- Eat Backwards, dessert first is always a treat.
- Children’s Museum/Science Museum
- Church Events
- Neighborhood events
- Play dates with friend and their parents
- Kid’s Eat Free Nights at area restaurants
- Quiet nights at home
- Popcorn parties
- Celebrate Holidays you don’t “get.” Literally, Christmas in July.
- Camping Out, even if just in the backyard.
- Breakfast for Dinner, a time-honored tradition.
You are only limited by your imagination. Having all the money in the world doesn’t make you a great parent. Making the most with the time you have does.
Matthew Thompson is a Family Law Attorney and advises his clients to make having a great relationship with your children priority #1.
You may also contact Matthew with your family law case, question or concern at (601) 850-8000 or Matthew@bowtielawyer.ms.