You’ve heard of the Lincoln Lawyer, but what about the Lemon Lawyer…
Signs of the Lemon Lawyer:
- When you Call the Office and you Never get a Live Person. Voicemail has a purpose, but every time? Leave a message after the beep.
- Bait and Switch. That’ll be $19.95. Once hired, that was just the retainer. it will be $19,995.00.
- It’s Their First Case Doing that Type of Law. We all had to start somewhere, but sometimes the rookie is dangerous.
- Alternative Fee Arrangements. Sure. We all like the Barter system, but taking your case for a bushel of beans and your grandpaw’s shotgun… you may get a bushel of something. Also, if there is a “couch fee” option, RUN!
- Multiple Office Moves. Moving on up is one thing. Constantly moving, multiple firm changes and temporary office space at the Kangaroo Mart are red flags.
- When you tell other people who represents you they say, “Ohhhh…“
Matthew Thompson is a Divorce Litigation Attorney in Mississippi and warns you to avoid the lemon.
Follow the blog: #BowTieLawyer Visit the website: #Thompson Law Firm
You may also contact Matthew with your family law case or question at (601) 850-8000 or Matthew@bowtielawyer.ms