Tom Brady, a Patriot and a pioneer in legal advice and he doesn’t even know it!
By now you are well aware of the fracas that is now known as DeflateGate. Tom Brady did or did not have something to do with under inflated footballs in an NFL playoff game. There is now, literally, a Federal law suit about it. He has been punished by the league, but avows his innocence.
But, what is the best piece of legal advice ever?
Destroy your cell phone.
Tom Brady destroyed his cell phone. You see, he upgraded to a new phone and stated that his practice is to destroy his old one. To protect against identity theft, I’m sure. He did this in the midst of the NFL’s investigation, but prior to formal legal proceedings being filed.(Disregard that he did not do so with prior phone upgrades.)
Had there been pending formal legal proceedings there could have been some issues with “destruction of evidence,” but without legal proceedings pending, upgrading his hardware and destroying the old, worn out device was just smart.
Sure, it may create the appearance of “Tom”foolery, but it does NOT allow said malfeasance to be confirmed.
So, you ask why else would he destroy his cell phone if there were NOT incriminating texts on it?
5. He had embarrassing text messages, such as Gisele calling him her “Brady-Boo.”
4. He expressed remorse about being an NFL Quarterback over his true dream of being a dancer.
3. He was critical of Bellechick’s hoodie.
2. There were naked pictures of he and Gisele in nothing but Patriot’s Helmets and there was no way that wasn’t getting “leaked” if turned over.
1. There were incriminating text messages on it.
Matthew Thompson is a Family Law Attorney in Mississippi and is advising his clients to take a play from Tom Brady’s playbook, if legal to do so.
Follow the blog: #BowTieLawyer Visit the website: #Thompson Law Firm You may also contact Matthew with your family law matter or question at (601) 850-8000 or Matthew@bowtielawyer.ms