I previously blogged on 5 Family Law FaceBook Don’ts. This was a very popular blog topic and continues to generate a lot of traffic. This post lists 5 more things you should not be doing on FaceBook with regards to your family law case.
Posting inappropriate stuff on FB is not just an American thing. 1/5 of Australian divorces use FB postings to discredit some testimony that was offered by one party and FB activities are showing up in about 1/3 of United Kingdom divorce cases. Familyandthelaw.com.au
5 More Things not to Put on FaceBook:
- Don’t post Pictures of the other party, whether they be flattering or not.
- Don’t post Pictures of the children doing activities with captions that note the other parent’s absence.
- Don’t post Pictures of your new squeeze in a “Parenting Role” that is intended to inflame the other side.
- Don’t comment on your friend’s drama and “one-up” them with your own.
- Don’t allow your FB friends to bash your Ex.
Stay tuned for more FaceBook don’ts, as I have enough material to make this one a series and unfortunately am learning of new things not to do on an almost daily basis.
Matthew Thompson is a family law attorney in Mississippi that strives to not put inappropriate things on FB and thinks you should too! #Trust the Bow Tie.
Follow the blog: BowTieLawyer