Family Law is a conveyor belt of relationships. Some long, some short, the new and rekindling the old, but through the years you learn the signs, or things not to do in a New Relationship.
- Rail on the Ex. Bad mouthing your ex, while possibly therapeutic, does little to enhance your new relationship. While you may bond over a common enemy, your feelings will relax towards your ex, but your new squeeze will always think they’re the devil.
- Too Serious, Too Fast. If they are truly your soulmate, the one person who completes you, they will still be the ONE, even if you take it slow.
- Getting Involved with a Still Married Person. This makes you a target, can quickly over-complicate a situation and could get you involved in Court.
- Going Back to a Bad Situation. The saying of “it’s easier to deal with the devil you know versus the devil you don’t” applies to college professors, not spouses.
- Name Tattoos. a la Billy Bob, “Just Say No!”
Matthew Thompson is a Family Law Attorney and reminds you that if you are trying to act smart don’t do something dumb.
Follow the blog: #BowTieLawyer Visit the website: #Thompson Law Firm You may also contact Matthew with your family law matter or question at (601) 850-8000 or Matthew@bowtielawyer.ms