Below are the 16 questions contained in the “Domestic Violence Risk Assessment” checklist:
1. Has he/she ever used a weapon against you/threatened you with a weapon?
2. Has he/she ever threatened to kill you or your children?
3. Do you think he/she might try to kill you?
4. Does he/she have a gun or can he/she get one easily?
5. Has he/she ever tried to choke you?
6. Is he/she violent or constantly jealous or does he/she control most of your daily activities?
7. Does he/she follow or spy on you or leave threatening messages?
8. Have you left him/her or separated after living together or being married?
9. Is he/she unemployed?
10. Has he/she ever tried to kill himself/herself?
11. Do you have a child/children together?
12. Do you have a child that he/she knows is not his/hers?
13. Has he/she been physical toward the child(ren) in a way that concerns you?
14. Does he/she have an alcohol/substance abuse problem?
15. Has he/she interfered with a 911 call?
16. Is there anything else that worries you about your safety?
If you wish to be connected with someone in your area regarding domestic violence, volunteering or making a donation, call 1-800-898-3234.