Family Law areas defined for you. There is a lot of legal terminology used everyday that we attorneys take for granted that everyone knows what they mean, but that is not always the case. Here are a few of the major areas of family law, the simple explanations and links to more information.
- Divorce– the legal and final end to a marriage, a.k.a. “a conscious uncoupling”
Fault Process and “No-Fault” process.
- Child Custody– determination of the custodian(s), visitation schedule and important decision making for a minor child.
- Child Support– who pays, how much and for what.
- Modification– legal and enforceable changes to your previously final papers.
- Appeals-legal process of challenging a final order.
Additional practice areas will be featured and defined throughout the year.
Matthew Thompson is a family law attorney and handles a variety of family law legal matters.
Follow the blog:#BowTieLawyer Visit the website: #Thompson Law Firm You may also contact Matthew with your family law matter or question at (601) 850-8000 or Matthew@bowtielawyer.ms