It’s the first weekend in October in Mississippi. The air is cool and crisp in the mornings. We are enjoying some of the best weather Mississippi has to offer and the Mississippi State Fair is in town for nearly two weeks!
Attending the fair is an annual tradition in our family. We go for food, fun and to see the “sights.” The Mississippi fair is as diverse a cross-section of MS as you can get; young and old, blue collar, white collar and no collar. Half of the fun is people watching.
Some great memories are of the “arm-band” nights and riding the rides, always being a little nervous that they could come flying apart and send your hurdling towards High Street. It never happened. It was also fun to watch the Hurricane, the Cyclone, or whatever the “natural disaster” named twisting ride was in action that year. Ever wondered what that hose is for nearby?
Enjoy some junk food, but not too much. Oh, and if you are wondering what is legal about this…Go to the Fair, don’t have an Affair!
**COMMON QUESTIONS REGARDING THE FAIR**
- What are the ride ticket prices? 4 coupons = $5; 22 coupons – $25; 55 coupons – $60
- When do they start charging at the gates? During the weekdays at 1:00. On weekends at 9:00 A.M. Saturdays and 10:00 A.M. Sundays.
- Do you have to pay for parking? Yes, Parking on the MS State Fairgrounds is $5.00. Businesses outside the fairgrounds charge their own rates for parking and it not controlled by the Fair Commission
- How much are arm bands? Arm band rates are different for each special. Please check our website for more information.
- Can I bring a wagon for my children? Yes
- What time are the concerts? Most concerts begin at 7:30 P.M.
- Do I have to pay gate admission if I’m buying an armband? Yes, gate admission is not included in the cost of the armband
- When do the rides begin? Please check the website for the times that the rides will begin each day.