In my profession I get to see a lot of what not to do almost, every day; from videos, texts, and emails to actions and sometimes inaction.
So, I have compiled a list of what terrible people do. If you want to be terrible do these things, in no particular order.
- Curse and scream at your spouse, as loud as you can, as often as you can.
- Curse and scream at your children.
- Make false abuse claims.
- Lie about the false abuse claims even when it’s clear they are false.
- Bad-mouth your child’s other parent to the child. (Hey, it’s the truth, right!)
- Interfere with their time with the child. Just do it. Sure it hurts your child too, that’s what makes it even more terrible.
- Abuse your spouse or child. (Any form – all are terrible, some more-so than others.)
- Refuse to support your family.
- File suit when your ex paid 5 days late, even though they told you. It’s the principal, right?
- Threaten to make public private images. (and mean it when you say it, at least in the moment.)
- Refuse Christmas visitation. Just because.
There you have it, 11 mean, hate-filled things that you can do to be terrible.
“Oh, and if you don’t want to be terrible don’t do these things.” – Matthew Thompson
Matthew Thompson is a Family Law Attorney in Mississippi and tries not to do terrible things or give terrible advice.
Follow the blog: BowTieLawyer . You may also contact Matthew with your family law case, question or concern at (601) 850-8000 or Matthew@bowtielawyer.ms